Main Point: In 2015 you will either live in the path of blessing or the path of ruin. Walking the right path isn’t so simple so we ask 3 questions of Psalm 1 to help us choose correctly. We close with identifying the ultimate difference between the 2 people choosing the different paths.
1 – Will you receive or reject God-ignoring thoughts and unguarded companionship in 2015? (v. 1)
2 – Will you delight in and meditate on Scripture day and night in 2015? (v. 2)
3 – Will your life lived in 2015 be fruitful or empty on judgment day? (vv. 3-5)
The difference between the two groups of people (v. 6):
James 1:22 says, “But be doers of the word and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.” These questions are designed to help you continue to apply today’s message and passage to your life. We encourage you to thoughtfully answer these questions and discuss your answers with others. For more information about getting in a small group that uses these questions as the basis for discussion, prayer, and accountability, please call the church office at 562-866-1719.
- What stood out to you from the message/passage today? What questions do you still have about the passage/message?
- Why do you think God had you read and hear Psalm 1 preached at this point in your life? What’s going on in your life now that this passage/message addresses?
- What specific thing is God’s Spirit telling you to do in light of the passage/message? (The more specific the more helpful for you.) What is he telling our church to do?
- What blocks or hinders you from delighting fully in God’s Word? What gives this hindrance power in your life? What do you love about God’s Word?
- What specific plans will you make to more intentionally meditate on God’s Word day AND night? How will you share what you’re meditating on with others in and out of our church this year?