“A good illustration of this is when we were driving around in Northwest DC and there was this beautiful home on the right (I don’t know if you remember this), but the walk came down from it, and there was this nice gate, and I think it was white painted, and there may have been flowery stuff around it, whatever—there’s a nice gate, and we noticed that there was no fence on either side of the gate. There was just no fence. And I don’t remember which one of us said it, but it struck me what a picture that was of so many churches. There’s a way in, you have to fulfill some sort of membership requirements (whether its attending a class or being baptized or being confirmed or something, some way in), but once you get in there’s no distinction between the church and the world (the yard and the sidewalk), there’s just no distinction. People can live in the church in whatever way they want, regardless of how scandalous it was. So American Christianity may look healthy statistically, but I think that there are some real problems with it.” – Mark Dever
- RT @mitchellchase: https://t.co/g6tvXpcSdc 9 hours ago
- Good morning, Los Angeles. @ Bellflower, California instagram.com/p/BX3JcWRAB_n/ 1 day ago
- RT @David_Fairchild: When a cancer victim says, "I hate cancer," you don't say, "Well you should hate heart disease too!" Don't be that g… 2 days ago
- Always fun running into friends. instagram.com/p/BXy6woog23G/ 2 days ago
- The word of the Lord. Anyone want to translate in the comments or comment on the text? instagram.com/p/BXyuV-wgqz1/ 3 days ago
- 3 Reasons to Consider our Trials Great Joy - a James 1:2-4 CrossView Sermon
- Six Sample Church Covenants
- The Pastor's Role: Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities of a Pastor/Shepherd/Elder/Overseer
- Download ESV Bible mp3 files for free to memorize/meditate!
- What year was Jesus born and what year did he die and rise?
- Thoughts on the title "Lead Pastor" vs. "Senior Pastor"
- Pastor/Elder Vows and ordination
- D. A. Carson Audio sermons and lectures - Free MP3's from around the Web
- Summary and Reflection of Pastor Ed’s message on Samson from Judges 14-16
- 4 Ways to Not Forget (or ignore!) God as God