- Originally written after the 1999 Columbine shooting, John Piper's words here points us to God and his words: desiringgod.org/articles/21-wa… 1 day ago
- RT @PastorPWMartin: Some post-Weekender thoughts: 1. Great to meet guys from coast to coast who are running hard after being faithful sheph… 1 day ago
- Studying James 5:7-12 for Sunday @BBCbellflower. Prayers needed and appreciated. Any thoughts on the text also appreciated! 1 day ago
- Actual fact: Lakers are 37-37 and not 34-34. twitter.com/ESPNNBA/status… 5 days ago
- What is biblical theology according to Don Carson: youtu.be/YxE9MVoUz8c 1 week ago
What Desiring God and the Pastoral Staff of Bethlehem Baptist Church Emphasize in Their Teaching
Faith is essential in the human heart if we are to glorify God. God is shown to be glorious when we trust Him, especially in suffering. Faith is seeing and savoring the glory of God in Christ crucified, risen, and reigning for the good of His people (2 Corinthians 4:4-6). This “savoring” means receiving in Christ the superior satisfaction of His promises based on His finished work of atonement (Philippians 3:7-9). Faith is the soul’s embrace of all that God is and promises to be for us in Christ (Hebrews 11:1). It honors God by being confident that God will keep His promises to those who set their hope on Him (Romans 4:20-21). Thus faith is future-oriented while resting firmly on the past work of Christ on the Cross and in the resurrection. Faith glorifies God because it magnifies His power, wisdom, grace and faithfulness to work for us the good that we cannot do for ourselves.
This entry was posted in John Piper, preaching. Bookmark the permalink.