Phil Ryken: The role of a seminary is somewhat different. In my view, students should only go to seminary if they have a fairly strong idea of what God is calling them to do. Unlike college, seminary tends not to be a very good place to figure out one’s calling. But in pursuing a calling to ministry (broadly construed), a good biblical and theological education is essential. That is not to say that any seminary can do the full work of preparation for ministry. I like to tell students that seminary will give them roughly half of what they need in the way of preparation; the other half will come from serving in a healthy church, sitting under faithful preaching, and learning from a godly mentor in ministry.
- Lock in! #HolyNation 11 hours ago
- ¡Lock in! #HolyNation 3 days ago
- I said last year this will be a national bestseller and the go-to dating book for Christians. It… instagram.com/p/BVvxJW8gfFp/ 4 days ago
- RT @baseballcrank: This is an excellent & fair summary of the video showing Officer Jeronimo Yanez killing Philando Castile https://t.co/LV… 5 days ago
- Mourning the death of Philando Castile & praying to God that his common and saving grace will right these wrongs and draw people to himself. 5 days ago
- 3 Reasons to Consider our Trials Great Joy - a James 1:2-4 CrossView Sermon
- Six Sample Church Covenants
- D. A. Carson Audio sermons and lectures - Free MP3's from around the Web
- Download ESV Bible mp3 files for free to memorize/meditate!
- D. A. Carson Lectures on Biblical Interpretation (Hermeneutics)
- The Pastor's Role: Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities of a Pastor/Shepherd/Elder/Overseer
- Alistair Begg interviewed by unbelievers...
- Pastor/Elder Vows and ordination
- Thoughts on the title "Lead Pastor" vs. "Senior Pastor"
- Monday Message: Faithful to the Text, Unfaithful to Jesus: Why your Old Testament Sermon Needs to get Saved