Phil Ryken: The role of a seminary is somewhat different. In my view, students should only go to seminary if they have a fairly strong idea of what God is calling them to do. Unlike college, seminary tends not to be a very good place to figure out one’s calling. But in pursuing a calling to ministry (broadly construed), a good biblical and theological education is essential. That is not to say that any seminary can do the full work of preparation for ministry. I like to tell students that seminary will give them roughly half of what they need in the way of preparation; the other half will come from serving in a healthy church, sitting under faithful preaching, and learning from a godly mentor in ministry.
- Wisdom, according to the bible, is a life wholly submitted to God's reality. 17 hours ago
- @tctaylor711 yesir! you? 1 day ago
- Satan & other demons attack and tempt you, but they only gain ground if you sin without identifying it or repenting from it. #gospelize 2 days ago
- Dang G. My wife's ceviche is the 💣 @ Bellflower, California instagram.com/p/BTYElV7hFQO/ 3 days ago
- 😳 @ Bellflower, California instagram.com/p/BTUsXsphf9p/ 4 days ago
- 3 Reasons to Consider our Trials Great Joy - a James 1:2-4 CrossView Sermon
- D. A. Carson Lectures on Biblical Interpretation (Hermeneutics)
- Download ESV Bible mp3 files for free to memorize/meditate!
- The Necessity of Growing and Sustaining Faith in Christ Jesus
- Pastor/Elder Vows and ordination
- The Pastor's Role: Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities of a Pastor/Shepherd/Elder/Overseer
- D. A. Carson Audio sermons and lectures - Free MP3's from around the Web
- What year was Jesus born and what year did he die and rise?
- Thoughts on the title "Lead Pastor" vs. "Senior Pastor"
- MEMBERSHIP VOWS OF THE PCA