Phil Ryken: The role of a seminary is somewhat different. In my view, students should only go to seminary if they have a fairly strong idea of what God is calling them to do. Unlike college, seminary tends not to be a very good place to figure out one’s calling. But in pursuing a calling to ministry (broadly construed), a good biblical and theological education is essential. That is not to say that any seminary can do the full work of preparation for ministry. I like to tell students that seminary will give them roughly half of what they need in the way of preparation; the other half will come from serving in a healthy church, sitting under faithful preaching, and learning from a godly mentor in ministry.
- I’m preaching Philippians 2.19-30 on "recognizing and honoring gospel coworkers so that we advance the gospel together." Pray for fruit. 1 day ago
- Lock in! #HolyNation 1 day ago
- (Write your own caption) #FamDay instagram.com/p/BZE8CSgAyEy/ 3 days ago
- How can I watch these @mrmedders?True Marriage with Ray and Jani Ortlund (Video)1 min read jamedders.com/true-marriage-… 3 days ago
- Blog post: A short 7 sentence meditation today on a story about a blind man encountering Jesus the Messiah. gospelize.me/a-short-7-sent… 3 days ago
- 3 Reasons to Consider our Trials Great Joy - a James 1:2-4 CrossView Sermon
- D. A. Carson Audio sermons and lectures - Free MP3's from around the Web
- Pastor/Elder Vows and ordination
- Download ESV Bible mp3 files for free to memorize/meditate!
- The Pastor's Role: Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities of a Pastor/Shepherd/Elder/Overseer
- Thoughts on the title "Lead Pastor" vs. "Senior Pastor"
- Pastors taking Sabbaticals
- Six Sample Church Covenants
- Alistair Begg interviewed by unbelievers...
- 3 Suggested Methods for Reading the Bible with another Believer (or unbeliever)