Phil Ryken: The role of a seminary is somewhat different. In my view, students should only go to seminary if they have a fairly strong idea of what God is calling them to do. Unlike college, seminary tends not to be a very good place to figure out one’s calling. But in pursuing a calling to ministry (broadly construed), a good biblical and theological education is essential. That is not to say that any seminary can do the full work of preparation for ministry. I like to tell students that seminary will give them roughly half of what they need in the way of preparation; the other half will come from serving in a healthy church, sitting under faithful preaching, and learning from a godly mentor in ministry.
- “Spiritual leadership is using God’s methods to get his people where he wants them in reliance on his power.” desiringgod.org 2 days ago
- What we need is barrier-breaking belief in the truths of God’s Word and in the truth himself, Jesus our Messiah.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 days ago
- Limiting Lies and Barrier-breaking Beliefs gospelize.me/limiting-lies-… 4 days ago
- Great questions for self examination: sethgodin.typepad.com/seths_blog/201… 5 days ago
- You want the gospel to spread everywhere but find it challenging to find a strategic gospel-centered/expository min… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
- 3 Reasons to Consider our Trials Great Joy - a James 1:2-4 CrossView Sermon
- The Pastor's Role: Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities of a Pastor/Shepherd/Elder/Overseer
- What year was Jesus born and what year did he die and rise?
- Pastor/Elder Vows and ordination
- D. A. Carson Audio sermons and lectures - Free MP3's from around the Web
- Six Sample Church Covenants
- Mark Dever on the PhD and the Pulpit: "On Having a Doctorate in the Pastorate"
- Thoughts on the title "Lead Pastor" vs. "Senior Pastor"
- Paul's One Passion (a Quote by Gordon Fee on Phil. 1:18a)
- Download ESV Bible mp3 files for free to memorize/meditate!