When I was a pastor at Christian Fellowship Bible Church, I preached a sermon that I thought was very convicting and powerful. You can wrongly think that a lot when you’re a new preacher. Well, God humbled me. A dear sister in the church who is older than my mom, took me aside to encourage me. She gave me a hug and thanked me for the sermon. Then she said, “PJ, you’re such a good preacher. One day you’ll be as good as Joel Osteen.” Joel Osteen! What? I smiled and said, “Thanks Tita (Auntie in Filipino)” and walked away trying not to let my smile drop too quickly. God taught me a few things. Why do I care if people think I’m a good preacher if they don’t discern false teachers and false teaching? I shouldn’t. I also learned that I feared man back then (and still today in various ways) because I didn’t have the guts to tell her what I thought about Joel Osteen.
- ¡Lock in! #HolyNation 1 day ago
- I said last year this will be a national bestseller and the go-to dating book for Christians. It… instagram.com/p/BVvxJW8gfFp/ 2 days ago
- RT @baseballcrank: This is an excellent & fair summary of the video showing Officer Jeronimo Yanez killing Philando Castile https://t.co/LV… 3 days ago
- Mourning the death of Philando Castile & praying to God that his common and saving grace will right these wrongs and draw people to himself. 3 days ago
- BBB #Lakers 4 days ago
- 3 Reasons to Consider our Trials Great Joy - a James 1:2-4 CrossView Sermon
- Download ESV Bible mp3 files for free to memorize/meditate!
- Thoughts on the title "Lead Pastor" vs. "Senior Pastor"
- The Pastor's Role: Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities of a Pastor/Shepherd/Elder/Overseer
- D. A. Carson Audio sermons and lectures - Free MP3's from around the Web
- Pastor/Elder Vows and ordination
- Six Sample Church Covenants
- MEMBERSHIP VOWS OF THE PCA
- About Me
- John Calvin defines humility