When I was a pastor at Christian Fellowship Bible Church, I preached a sermon that I thought was very convicting and powerful. You can wrongly think that a lot when you’re a new preacher. Well, God humbled me. A dear sister in the church who is older than my mom, took me aside to encourage me. She gave me a hug and thanked me for the sermon. Then she said, “PJ, you’re such a good preacher. One day you’ll be as good as Joel Osteen.” Joel Osteen! What? I smiled and said, “Thanks Tita (Auntie in Filipino)” and walked away trying not to let my smile drop too quickly. God taught me a few things. Why do I care if people think I’m a good preacher if they don’t discern false teachers and false teaching? I shouldn’t. I also learned that I feared man back then (and still today in various ways) because I didn’t have the guts to tell her what I thought about Joel Osteen.
- Should Parents Spank their Children? My 3 kids share in this audio interview displaying the goodness… gospelize.me/should-parents… 1 day ago
- U have 1 short life then God's judgment. Recognize & honor gospel coworkers so that we advance the gospel together. vimeo.com/234355586 4 days ago
- I’m preaching Philippians 2.19-30 on "recognizing and honoring gospel coworkers so that we advance the gospel together." Pray for fruit. 1 week ago
- Lock in! #HolyNation 1 week ago
- (Write your own caption) #FamDay instagram.com/p/BZE8CSgAyEy/ 1 week ago
- 3 Reasons to Consider our Trials Great Joy - a James 1:2-4 CrossView Sermon
- Six Sample Church Covenants
- Pastor/Elder Vows and ordination
- D. A. Carson Audio sermons and lectures - Free MP3's from around the Web
- Download ESV Bible mp3 files for free to memorize/meditate!
- What year was Jesus born and what year did he die and rise?
- D. A. Carson on 5 Elements of Expository Preaching and a Defense on Why it Ought to be Primary
- Why did David lie to Ahimelech the Priest?
- Books Recommended
- The Pastor's Role: Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities of a Pastor/Shepherd/Elder/Overseer