When I was a pastor at Christian Fellowship Bible Church, I preached a sermon that I thought was very convicting and powerful. You can wrongly think that a lot when you’re a new preacher. Well, God humbled me. A dear sister in the church who is older than my mom, took me aside to encourage me. She gave me a hug and thanked me for the sermon. Then she said, “PJ, you’re such a good preacher. One day you’ll be as good as Joel Osteen.” Joel Osteen! What? I smiled and said, “Thanks Tita (Auntie in Filipino)” and walked away trying not to let my smile drop too quickly. God taught me a few things. Why do I care if people think I’m a good preacher if they don’t discern false teachers and false teaching? I shouldn’t. I also learned that I feared man back then (and still today in various ways) because I didn’t have the guts to tell her what I thought about Joel Osteen.
- “Spiritual leadership is using God’s methods to get his people where he wants them in reliance on his power.” desiringgod.org 1 day ago
- What we need is barrier-breaking belief in the truths of God’s Word and in the truth himself, Jesus our Messiah.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 days ago
- Limiting Lies and Barrier-breaking Beliefs gospelize.me/limiting-lies-… 3 days ago
- Great questions for self examination: sethgodin.typepad.com/seths_blog/201… 4 days ago
- You want the gospel to spread everywhere but find it challenging to find a strategic gospel-centered/expository min… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
- 3 Reasons to Consider our Trials Great Joy - a James 1:2-4 CrossView Sermon
- Pastor/Elder Vows and ordination
- What year was Jesus born and what year did he die and rise?
- Download ESV Bible mp3 files for free to memorize/meditate!
- D. A. Carson Audio sermons and lectures - Free MP3's from around the Web
- D. A. Carson Lectures on Biblical Interpretation (Hermeneutics)
- Six Sample Church Covenants
- The Gospel According to Mark Sermons
- Mark Dever on the PhD and the Pulpit: "On Having a Doctorate in the Pastorate"
- The Pastor's Role: Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities of a Pastor/Shepherd/Elder/Overseer