When I was a pastor at Christian Fellowship Bible Church, I preached a sermon that I thought was very convicting and powerful. You can wrongly think that a lot when you’re a new preacher. Well, God humbled me. A dear sister in the church who is older than my mom, took me aside to encourage me. She gave me a hug and thanked me for the sermon. Then she said, “PJ, you’re such a good preacher. One day you’ll be as good as Joel Osteen.” Joel Osteen! What? I smiled and said, “Thanks Tita (Auntie in Filipino)” and walked away trying not to let my smile drop too quickly. God taught me a few things. Why do I care if people think I’m a good preacher if they don’t discern false teachers and false teaching? I shouldn’t. I also learned that I feared man back then (and still today in various ways) because I didn’t have the guts to tell her what I thought about Joel Osteen.
- RT @rayortlund: What if the pastors, in every city in America, start gathering together once a month for the sole purpose of praying for re… 6 hours ago
- who else is nominated? twitter.com/JoWiKi/status/… 7 hours ago
- Amen. #Truth #Bible #ChristianHedonism twitter.com/mitchellchase/… 11 hours ago
- RT @SenSasse: Total dysfunction. DC is about to add 1.3 TRILLION $ to your debt like it’s no big deal - and meanwhile both of our crazy unc… 15 hours ago
- RT @AndCampaign: If you're near L.A., join @AndCampaign & @P4CM FRIDAY for the Frontline Discipleship Tour. We'll be applying the Gospel to… 1 day ago
- 3 Reasons to Consider our Trials Great Joy - a James 1:2-4 CrossView Sermon
- Pastor/Elder Vows and ordination
- What year was Jesus born and what year did he die and rise?
- Six Sample Church Covenants
- D. A. Carson Audio sermons and lectures - Free MP3's from around the Web
- Download ESV Bible mp3 files for free to memorize/meditate!
- Thoughts on the title "Lead Pastor" vs. "Senior Pastor"
- D. A. Carson on 5 Elements of Expository Preaching and a Defense on Why it Ought to be Primary
- Basic Baptist Beliefs by D. A. Carson
- Alistair Begg interviewed by unbelievers...