Why don’t domestic violence abuse victims leave?
- Fear that the abuse will will get worse.
- Fear that their friends or family would turn against them and not believe them.
- A desire for the children to grow up with both parents.
- Worry about being able to support oneself and their children financially.
- They erroneously believe that they are to blame.
- They are ashamed to admit that they are being abused.
- They hope the situation will improve.
Why are some men violent with women and/or children?
- They feel sincerely sorry and think that this is enough to change.
- They have seen violence in their home growing up.
- They were victims of violence and abuse
- They refuse to get help and think they can handle the problem on their own.