- In your life, make sure you know and believe the gospel – that you meditate on it, rejoice in it, and evangelize the lost. If not, get out of the ministry.
- Put the gospel in your statement of faith and make sure it is clear.
- Put the gospel in your membership interviews.
- In your training (core seminars) the gospel should be front and center (whether OT, NT, ST, BT, church history, jump start, membership matters, guidance, suffering)
- Make sure the gospel is in your Sunday morning gathering songs
- Make sure the gospel is in your Sunday morning gathering prayer of confession. In the prayer of confession we want our guilt to crush us and have only one request, that God would forgive us. Attack our self-righteousness. We are broken sinners.
- Make sure the gospel is in your Sunday morning gathering prayer of intercession – Many petitions and requests! Pray for the city, schools, sister evangelical churches, missionaries, persecuted churches, other nations for the gospel to spread, Christians in America, our local church, then the points of the sermon.
- In the sermon, have an explicit gospel sermon and explain the gospel themes. Deconstruct the anti-gospel views that people come in with.
- Baptismal testimonies and explaining the Lord’s Supper