1 Shout triumphantly to the Lord, all the earth.
2 Serve the Lord with gladness;
come before Him with joyful songs.
3 Acknowledge that Yahweh is God.
He made us, and we are His —
His people, the sheep of His pasture.
4 Enter His gates with thanksgiving
and His courts with praise.
Give thanks to Him and praise His name.
5 For Yahweh is good, and His love is eternal;
His faithfulness endures through all generations.
- Light bulb
- John 10 – shepherd; Psalm 23 in here;
- Verse 5 grounds all those commands. It can bear the weight and so we must meditate on it until it yields the power that it possesses for us to do what we’re commanded and called to do.
- How would the story of Jesus Christ as the fulfillment of the story of Israel connect here so that it would be believed?
- What is the idea behind shouting triumphantly? A war shout of victory over the enemy or even a shout of war as one goes in the battle in the hope of victory.
- Sing everyday, at least two songs a day
- Make lists of things I’m thankful for each day and tell God and someone else I’m thankful for them.
- Jesus is YHWH
- Jesus is the proof of God’s goodness that the Psalmist trusted would come but did not know as the one who already came. We know he came, lived, died, rose, immersed us with the Holy Spirit, and is coming again.
- Jesus fulfills the covenant God promised and is the expression of the covenant love (Romans 5:8)