Tim Chester asks these questions to facebook users:
- Do you check your Facebook page more than once or twice a day?
- Do you spend more than 20 minutes a day on Facebook?
- Do you find it difficult to imagine a day without technology?
- Have you ever read a text or gone online during our gathering?
- Have you stayed up beyond your normal bedtime because you were on Facebook or playing online games?
- Do you use your mobile phone during meals or keep it in the bedroom?
Those are some warning signs. What are the dangers? What is about Facebook that makes it so addictive? I’m looking forward to this series of posts.
Full disclosure: I use facebook. Although God has used it to bless me in some ways, I’ve not guarded against all the dangers or subtle distractions it has presented me.