We’ll be reading and discussing Thabiti Anyabwile’s book, Finding Faithful Elders and Deacons on Sunday afternoons starting May 6 (Lord-willing). This is open to all men and I encourage all CrossView Men to join us for these 5 meetings. I have free shipping so I can order the book for you or you can order it on your own. Just make sure you’ve read the chapters before we meet and be prepared with 5 comments to make or questions to raise each discussion. We’ll pray for the first 20-30 minutes then discuss our reading. I think we’ll go from 2:30-4:00pm unless the group decides on a more fitting time.
- May 6 – Discuss chapters 1-6
- May 13 – Discuss chapters 7-12
- May 20 – Discuss chapters 13-18
- May 27 – No meeting
- June 3 – Discuss chapters 19-23
- June 10 – Discuss chapters 24-28
- To share life and deepen our friendship with one another in Christ.
- To call men to strive to be pastor-elders orat least pastor-elder qualified in character.
- To identify men who are willing to undergo teaching/preaching training and further theological development.
- To see men grow and affirmed as pastor-elders as a result of this reading.