Keller > Kobe. We are not compatible with our spouses because we are spiritually broken by sin and are self-centered. “‘Why should neurotic, selfish, immature people suddenly become angels when they fall in love…?’ That is why a good marriage is more painfully hard to achieve than athletic or artistic prowess” (40). Kobe has 5 NBA championship rings, at least one adultery, two kids, and one divorce after 10 and a half years of marriage. Keller has 3 kids, 1 church, 0 adulteries (that I’m aware of) and 0 divorces. Which is harder, 5 NBA championship rings or 37 years of marriage where it is now healthy and happy? Our culture celebrates Kobe and sports accolades. We should celebrate the endurance, tenacity, and dedication of two sinners staying together and growing together killing their self-centeredness in the process more than the extremely hard work to be a good professional athlete. As a Laker fan I don’t hesitate to say Kobe is a great winner, but in life he is a greater loser. If he was as obsessed with serving and leading his wife and family as he was with winning a 6th NBA championship he’d find a way to keep his pants on and his pride down. This shows that we all need God’s grace.
- Faith alone. Grace alone. Christ alone. Scripture alone. Glory to God alone. Think about it. equip.sbts.edu/category/event… 5 days ago
- For good or ill, whoever you think you are determines what you do. 1 week ago
- Had a feast from 1 Cor 13.1-8 from @pastorbscott @bbcbellflower My heart is full and grateful and challenged instagram.com/p/BWoATTVgMzO/?amp=1 1 week ago
- @djisdj What is your DDiv in? 1 week ago
- @djisdj Love it! Exactly what I need 4 theologically-driven pastoral ministry. Highly recommend Biblical Theology o… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago
- 3 Reasons to Consider our Trials Great Joy - a James 1:2-4 CrossView Sermon
- Six Sample Church Covenants
- D. A. Carson Audio sermons and lectures - Free MP3's from around the Web
- Pastor/Elder Vows and ordination
- Download ESV Bible mp3 files for free to memorize/meditate!
- What year was Jesus born and what year did he die and rise?
- The Pastor's Role: Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities of a Pastor/Shepherd/Elder/Overseer
- Thoughts on the title "Lead Pastor" vs. "Senior Pastor"
- "Partners" vs. "Members" of the Church? (Part 1)
- "Preaching through Bible Books" by D.A. Carson