Keller > Kobe. We are not compatible with our spouses because we are spiritually broken by sin and are self-centered. “‘Why should neurotic, selfish, immature people suddenly become angels when they fall in love…?’ That is why a good marriage is more painfully hard to achieve than athletic or artistic prowess” (40). Kobe has 5 NBA championship rings, at least one adultery, two kids, and one divorce after 10 and a half years of marriage. Keller has 3 kids, 1 church, 0 adulteries (that I’m aware of) and 0 divorces. Which is harder, 5 NBA championship rings or 37 years of marriage where it is now healthy and happy? Our culture celebrates Kobe and sports accolades. We should celebrate the endurance, tenacity, and dedication of two sinners staying together and growing together killing their self-centeredness in the process more than the extremely hard work to be a good professional athlete. As a Laker fan I don’t hesitate to say Kobe is a great winner, but in life he is a greater loser. If he was as obsessed with serving and leading his wife and family as he was with winning a 6th NBA championship he’d find a way to keep his pants on and his pride down. This shows that we all need God’s grace.
- Thank you Jesus! #Lakers 1 week ago
- If you have a kindle reader and love the Bible, then you must buy this commentary on Revelation (sale: $2.99): amazon.com/dp/B01M6ZMAJJ/ 1 week ago
- My tribute to my first Pastor, Edwin Ormeo: gospelize.me/a-tribute-to-m… 2 weeks ago
- A Tribute to my first Pastor, Ed Ormeo gospelize.me/a-tribute-to-m… https://t.co/szMRiVK9Ss 2 weeks ago
- “Who can find a wife of noble character? She is far more precious than jewels.” Proverbs… instagram.com/p/BT_vzQ2Bme5/ 2 weeks ago
- 3 Reasons to Consider our Trials Great Joy - a James 1:2-4 CrossView Sermon
- D. A. Carson Audio sermons and lectures - Free MP3's from around the Web
- Download ESV Bible mp3 files for free to memorize/meditate!
- Six Sample Church Covenants
- D. A. Carson Lectures on Biblical Interpretation (Hermeneutics)
- What year was Jesus born and what year did he die and rise?
- Thoughts on the title "Lead Pastor" vs. "Senior Pastor"
- Randy Newman Questioning Evangelism (audio mp3)
- Goldsworthy on Biblical Theology for the church (text and audio)
- About Me