Keller > Kobe. We are not compatible with our spouses because we are spiritually broken by sin and are self-centered. “‘Why should neurotic, selfish, immature people suddenly become angels when they fall in love…?’ That is why a good marriage is more painfully hard to achieve than athletic or artistic prowess” (40). Kobe has 5 NBA championship rings, at least one adultery, two kids, and one divorce after 10 and a half years of marriage. Keller has 3 kids, 1 church, 0 adulteries (that I’m aware of) and 0 divorces. Which is harder, 5 NBA championship rings or 37 years of marriage where it is now healthy and happy? Our culture celebrates Kobe and sports accolades. We should celebrate the endurance, tenacity, and dedication of two sinners staying together and growing together killing their self-centeredness in the process more than the extremely hard work to be a good professional athlete. As a Laker fan I don’t hesitate to say Kobe is a great winner, but in life he is a greater loser. If he was as obsessed with serving and leading his wife and family as he was with winning a 6th NBA championship he’d find a way to keep his pants on and his pride down. This shows that we all need God’s grace.
- RT @mitchellchase: Porn Is Not Harmless. It’s Cruel. thegospelcoalition.org/article/porn-i… via @TGC 11 hours ago
- RT @TrevinWax: We deceive ourselves whenever we equate "doctrinal conviction" with Christ-likeness. Even demons know "correct doctrine." 11 hours ago
- 5 To build endurance 6 To give you proper perspective 7 to mature you 8 to equip you to help others 9 to give you J… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 11 hours ago
- @MattSmethurst 5 To build endurance 6 To give you proper perspective 7 to mature you 8 to equip you to help others… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 11 hours ago
- Trying out a ginger potion to kill this cough. It didn't work today but I'll try again tomorrow.… instagram.com/p/BaVa30rgoTO/ 11 hours ago
- 3 Reasons to Consider our Trials Great Joy - a James 1:2-4 CrossView Sermon
- Six Sample Church Covenants
- D. A. Carson Audio sermons and lectures - Free MP3's from around the Web
- D. A. Carson Lectures on Biblical Interpretation (Hermeneutics)
- Preaching and Systematic Theology - Don Carson
- Thoughts on the title "Lead Pastor" vs. "Senior Pastor"
- What year was Jesus born and what year did he die and rise?
- Don Carson Lectures on Preaching
- The Pastor's Role: Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities of a Pastor/Shepherd/Elder/Overseer
- Pastor/Elder Vows and ordination