Keller > Kobe. We are not compatible with our spouses because we are spiritually broken by sin and are self-centered. “‘Why should neurotic, selfish, immature people suddenly become angels when they fall in love…?’ That is why a good marriage is more painfully hard to achieve than athletic or artistic prowess” (40). Kobe has 5 NBA championship rings, at least one adultery, two kids, and one divorce after 10 and a half years of marriage. Keller has 3 kids, 1 church, 0 adulteries (that I’m aware of) and 0 divorces. Which is harder, 5 NBA championship rings or 37 years of marriage where it is now healthy and happy? Our culture celebrates Kobe and sports accolades. We should celebrate the endurance, tenacity, and dedication of two sinners staying together and growing together killing their self-centeredness in the process more than the extremely hard work to be a good professional athlete. As a Laker fan I don’t hesitate to say Kobe is a great winner, but in life he is a greater loser. If he was as obsessed with serving and leading his wife and family as he was with winning a 6th NBA championship he’d find a way to keep his pants on and his pride down. This shows that we all need God’s grace.
- It took me awhile to realize this. It will take me continually asking this question with others to keep from going… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- The main message of the Bible is NOT be like Christ, it is . . . (1 min sermon clip) For the full sermon on Jesus… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 8 hours ago
- “Man must not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.” - Jesus the Messiah My newe… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 18 hours ago
- “We’re living in a society that is feeding off our sin inclinations, our easily addicted natures, and our naïveté.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 19 hours ago
- RT @GunnerGundersen: The leader’s example usually becomes the ceiling for his followers. 19 hours ago
- 3 Reasons to Consider our Trials Great Joy - a James 1:2-4 CrossView Sermon
- Six Sample Church Covenants
- Thoughts on the title "Lead Pastor" vs. "Senior Pastor"
- Pastor/Elder Vows and ordination
- Download ESV Bible mp3 files for free to memorize/meditate!
- Evangelism in a postmodern world - Notes on a Lecture given by Tim Keller
- What year was Jesus born and what year did he die and rise?
- John MacArthur's Practical Advice on Your First Years of Pastoral Ministry
- List of Idol Categories from Tim Keller's book, Counterfeit Gods
- D. A. Carson Audio sermons and lectures - Free MP3's from around the Web