2002 Commencement Address – “How to live and die well” by C.W. Smith.
A Message from a Dying Man to Dying Men:
How to live:
- Learn to live under, love, and trust the sovereignty of God. This gives you stability and peace.
- Learn to live enjoying the grace of God.
- Learn to stay close to the Word of God – 1 Corinthians 4:6 – “Nothing beyond what is written”
- Learn to read your Bible – “Don’t explain what the Bible means until you know what the Bible says.” The Question: “But WHAT does the Bible SAY?
- Learn the power of the church.
- Develop a passion for holiness
- Develop a heart for prayer
How to die:
- Accept death as natural in this fallen world.
- Make preparations for your death with biblical priorities
- Say goodbye knowing that in a short time we will be reunited.