A Missional Community is not primarily:
- A small group
- A bible study
- A support group
- A social activist group
- A weekly meeting
Missional communities direction:
- Have a clearly defined mission
- Eventually led by shared leadership
- In submission to a church elder/pastor which would include oversight, coaching and connection to ongoing development tools and resources
- They would be an accurate and effective display and declaration of the gospel to a people or culture that needs to experience the Good News of Jesus Christ
- They would live out the reality of being the Church together as they walk through life together and live out mission together.
- They would raise up indigenous leaders who would birth new missional communities in the specific area or people group that is the identified mission.
- This would all lead to the development of a new church and biblical qualified elders being appointed to lead and oversee the church.
- Leading a Missional Community part 1 | part 2 | part 3
- Forming a Gospel Community Video
- Developing Missional Leaders Video
- Being a Leader who Grows Leaders (audio)
- Being a Church that Starts more Churches (audio)