As I think about mission, missional living, and accomplishing the mission God has for CrossView, all churches, and all Christians (namely making disciples of the Lord Jesus), I came across this nike commercial posted below. Watch it. As I did, I thought, “I’d be like one of those guys who’s objective is to retrieve the ball, yet I’d be admiring the view, the security systems, the guards, the skills of the other guys, or just sitting on the side resting.” That’s how I feel sometimes as I think about how God sent us to Los Angeles to make disciples and establish a church planting church. With the simplicity of that mission (like retrieving a ball), I find myself wanting and actually doing all kinds of things that don’t tie to the mission. I don’t consciously tie all my reading to the mission. I don’t consciously connect my every interaction with my volunteering at Shatto Recreation Center with the mission. I don’t see my greeting people at the gym when we play basketball as woven into the mission. And so I end up slowing the mission or worse, displeasing the Lord who died for us, rose for us, intercedes for us, accompanies us, empowers us, and sent us. The lesson I learned: STAY ON TASK.
- “Spiritual leadership is using God’s methods to get his people where he wants them in reliance on his power.” desiringgod.org 2 days ago
- What we need is barrier-breaking belief in the truths of God’s Word and in the truth himself, Jesus our Messiah.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 days ago
- Limiting Lies and Barrier-breaking Beliefs gospelize.me/limiting-lies-… 4 days ago
- Great questions for self examination: sethgodin.typepad.com/seths_blog/201… 5 days ago
- You want the gospel to spread everywhere but find it challenging to find a strategic gospel-centered/expository min… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
- 3 Reasons to Consider our Trials Great Joy - a James 1:2-4 CrossView Sermon
- The Pastor's Role: Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities of a Pastor/Shepherd/Elder/Overseer
- What year was Jesus born and what year did he die and rise?
- Pastor/Elder Vows and ordination
- D. A. Carson Audio sermons and lectures - Free MP3's from around the Web
- Six Sample Church Covenants
- Mark Dever on the PhD and the Pulpit: "On Having a Doctorate in the Pastorate"
- Thoughts on the title "Lead Pastor" vs. "Senior Pastor"
- Paul's One Passion (a Quote by Gordon Fee on Phil. 1:18a)
- Download ESV Bible mp3 files for free to memorize/meditate!