I want to learn more about the Church Fathers. I don’t think church history and tradition is equal in authority to Scripture, but we don’t live in a vacuum of time and we do need tradition as a guide, help, and check on our lives and understanding of Scripture. Here’s a new book by Bryan Liftin called, Getting to Know the Church Fathers: An Evangelical Introduction, that does that. I don’t know if it’s good, but I do want to read it. If you want to read a short interview with the author regarding why he wrote the book, click here.
- RT @Phil_Johnson_: Today is John MacArthur’s birthday. Spurgeon’s, too. Photo credit: Josh Buice. https://t.co/HdibrGR6dZ 1 hour ago
- RT @LivingOutOrg: Tim Keller's message to British society: don't demand Christians become like everyone else - Premier https://t.co/30vgM8o… 1 day ago
- @abiloo43 Halfway Amen! #falsedichotomy 1 day ago
- RT @SBTS: How should Christians rightly understand our relationship to government in light of Romans 13? @albertmohler #TheBriefing https:/… 1 day ago
- @PstrPaul Nice! 2 days ago