“You’ll only ever properly understand if you look at it from the vantage point of what it was meant to be in the beginning.” – Paul Tripp (listen to the 25:00 minute program here, called Survival Skill #1)
- We don’t live by the facts of what is happening, but we live by our interpretation of the facts that are happening.
- “The only way you can properly understand anything is to understand what it was designed to be when it was first made.”
- Four things from Genesis 1 – this will help you make sense out of what you go through everyday:
- God was on site before you were (life is not about me, but something bigger than me)
- You were designed to be a revelation-receiver (your ability to communicate was not given first of all given for your relationships with other people, they were first given so you can know and communicate with God). Human beings need truth outside of themselves to figure out life. We were created to be dependent on a source of wisdom, God himself.
- You never stop interpreting. You live not on the facts of life but on your interpretation of the facts.
- By your very nature, you are a worshipper. It is not whether you are worshipping, it is who/what you are worshipping. Worship is not first an activity but first an identity.
From “Survival Skills intro” by Paul Tripp
Four things to understand about a fallen world:
- We live in a fallen, broken world
- There is an enemy who wants to destroy our lives (Satan)
- We have sin within ruins our lives
- God has a plan for our lives and our details in this fallen world for his glory and our good in Christ.