This is from Scott Thomas of Acts29 in their January Newsletter:
Characteristics of the Church Spiritually in
1. The church trained and educated its
members systematically in the Word of God (devoted
to the Apostle�s teaching).
2. The church brought its members together
constantly (day by day � v. 46).
3. The church moved members into
relationships of mutual support and fellowship
(devoted to fellowship, v. 42; all believers were
together, v. 44).
4. The church had both small group meetings
(they broke bread in their homes, v. 46) and large
group meetings (attending the temple together, v.
5. The church practiced the sacrament of the
Lord�s Table constantly (vv. 42, 46).
6. The church spent much time in group
prayer (devoted themselves to prayer, v. 42) which
occurred in both homes and large public
7. The church practiced radical stewardship,
economic sharing and �mercy ministry� within their
community. People received practical, financial and
material help for their needs (selling their possessions
and belongings and distributing the proceeds to all,
as any had need, v. 45). <!–
n8.tThe church experienced God�s evident npower within their body (And awe came upon every nsoul, and many wonders and signs were being done nthrough the apostles, v. 43).
n9.tThe church practiced joy and praise that npermeated each gathering�large or small (vv. 46, n47).
n10.tThe church was attractive to outsiders n(having favor with all the people, v. 47).
n11.tThe church was evangelistically effective n(And the Lord added to their number day by day nthose who were being saved, v. 47).
n12.tThe church was the connecting point for nthe believers. They were added to the church, not njust to the Lord (v. 47).
n n n
n Scott Thomas
nActs 29 Network
n n n n n
n n n n n nn n
n n nn n nn
8. The church experienced God�s evident
power within their body (And awe came upon every
soul, and many wonders and signs were being done
through the apostles, v. 43).
9. The church practiced joy and praise that
permeated each gathering�large or small (vv. 46,
10. The church was attractive to outsiders
(having favor with all the people, v. 47).
11. The church was evangelistically effective
(And the Lord added to their number day by day
those who were being saved, v. 47).
12. The church was the connecting point for
the believers. They were added to the church, not
just to the Lord (v. 47).
Acts 29 Network