- @calebbarrett yeah, a common sticking point for us Baptists in this ecclesiological issue. 7 hours ago
- @SBTSadmissions praying to enroll in the summer of 2014 if we get a plurality of Pastor-elders @CrossViewLA. Please pray with me! 9 hours ago
- @calebbarrett they don't consider them full members in PCA churches I think so they don't have to excommunicate them. 9 hours ago
- An argument for baptizing children who profess faith? wp.me/p1cwO-Ns 2 days ago
- @visionnehemiah Praying for you and the @LegacyFam today in our Sunday gathering! 3 days ago
pjtibayan on 30 Suggestions for Theological… pjtibayan on Alistair Begg interviewed by… walt johnson on Alistair Begg interviewed by… pjtibayan on What is Liberal Theology? CLARKFIELD ARRONO on What is Liberal Theology?
- The Pastor's Role: Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities of a Pastor/Shepherd/Elder/Overseer
- D. A. Carson Audio sermons and lectures - Free MP3's from around the Web
- What year was Jesus born and what year did he die and rise?
- Download ESV Bible mp3 files for free to memorize/meditate!
- Alistair Begg interviewed by unbelievers...
- Pastor/Elder Vows and ordination
- 3 Reasons to Consider our Trials Great Joy - a James 1:2-4 CrossView Sermon
- New D.A. Carson audio found - Showing the Spirit (lectures on 1 Cor. 12-14 in 1985 at Moore College)
- Does God want us to be prosperous? Joel Osteen vs. Rick Warren
- D. A. Carson Lectures on Biblical Interpretation (Hermeneutics)
Category Archives: Quotes
“Regeneration is a sovereign act of the Holy Spirit which monergistically transforms a child of the devil into a child of God, and which necessarily results in a life of repentance and faith being subsequently manifest in that individual.” – … Continue reading
“If we start to learn to integrate the extra hours of our life with the life of unbelievers there will be unlimited opportunities to share the gospel. It isn’t hard to find opportunities to share the gospel. It’s hard for … Continue reading
Paul Miller reminds us that we are often shaped today by the romanticism of the 1960’s. He writes, “Deep within the American psyche is the 1960’s Romantic idea, originally from Emerson and Rousseau, that if something doesn’t feel natural, it … Continue reading
“[When does the pursuit of a legitimate goal become idolatry, or ‘ideology’?] An ideology arises the moment the end ndiscriminately justifies every means… Thus a nation’s goal of material prosperity becomes an idol [the ideology of materialism] when we use … Continue reading
John Calvin writes in his commentary on Matthew 18:4 (Commentary on a Harmony of the Evangelists Matthew, Mark, and Luke, Volume Second, p. 333 [in Calvin's Commentaries Vol XVI, Baker Book House, 2003]): That man is truly humble who neither … Continue reading
From CJ’s blog: What single piece of counsel (or constructive criticism) has most improved your preaching? “It is impossible to make a balanced statement.” You can spend all day qualifying what you’re saying and removing the punch from it. Jesus … Continue reading
I got an email today of what was said by Luther on this day, May 16, a couple of hundred years ago. 1540 – German reformer Martin Luther remarked: ‘In the worst temptations nothing can help us but faith that … Continue reading
On service length and elements: “Because of this, our worship service takes up to two hours and is an event that people simply make time for, not unlike a big concert or movie. We made the sermon the hinge for … Continue reading
“When I told our people that we were going to grow beyond 150 people and expand to two services, some of them freaked out. The most common complaint was that we would no longer have real community because people are … Continue reading