- @calebbarrett yeah, a common sticking point for us Baptists in this ecclesiological issue. 1 day ago
- @SBTSadmissions praying to enroll in the summer of 2014 if we get a plurality of Pastor-elders @CrossViewLA. Please pray with me! 1 day ago
- @calebbarrett they don't consider them full members in PCA churches I think so they don't have to excommunicate them. 1 day ago
- An argument for baptizing children who profess faith? wp.me/p1cwO-Ns 3 days ago
- @visionnehemiah Praying for you and the @LegacyFam today in our Sunday gathering! 4 days ago
pjtibayan on 30 Suggestions for Theological… pjtibayan on Alistair Begg interviewed by… walt johnson on Alistair Begg interviewed by… pjtibayan on What is Liberal Theology? CLARKFIELD ARRONO on What is Liberal Theology?
- The Pastor's Role: Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities of a Pastor/Shepherd/Elder/Overseer
- D. A. Carson Audio sermons and lectures - Free MP3's from around the Web
- What year was Jesus born and what year did he die and rise?
- Download ESV Bible mp3 files for free to memorize/meditate!
- D. A. Carson Lectures on Biblical Interpretation (Hermeneutics)
- Pastor/Elder Vows and ordination
- Blessings and Benedictions in the New Testament Letters
- 3 Reasons to Consider our Trials Great Joy - a James 1:2-4 CrossView Sermon
- Alistair Begg interviewed by unbelievers...
- Does God want us to be prosperous? Joel Osteen vs. Rick Warren
Category Archives: ecclesiology
In my bible reading this morning, God spoke these words from Deuteronomy 21: 18 “If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who does not obey his father or mother and doesn’t listen to them even after they discipline him, 19 his … Continue reading
It’s not everyday you have one of the leaders of evangelicalism and The Gospel Coalition, an interdenominational movement, speak directly on ecclesiological issues that pin him to his denomination and ecclesiological convictions to the exclusion and disagreement of others. Don … Continue reading
Elders, Part 1 – 4:2 – Feb 2007 Elders, Part 2 – 4:3 – March-Apr 2007 Lay Elders: A User’s Guide – 9:6 – Nov-Dec 2012
I’m a Baptist. He is not. So we will disagree I presume. But I post these here for later preparation for my sermon on Baptism coming up. Baptism: Its Meaning and Purpose “Cross-Examination: Infant Baptism”
This is not only for pastor-elders, but for all church members who must love their fellow members as Christ loved us. This toolbox by Andy Davis is very helpful (Those Who Must Give an Account:A Study of Church Membership and … Continue reading
Jeff Vanderstelt has a helpful word here: Thoughts: (1) Video 1 summary – Biblical measurements to know if you’re doing what you’re supposed to be doing: (a) conversions through the gospels, (b) growing to make disciples who can make disciples, … Continue reading
With minor disagreements on phrases like “bringing the kingdom of God into the world” (see this quote by George Ladd if you like the phrase) among other small quibbles, I recommend this short article on politics and Christianity in the … Continue reading
Mark Dever dedicated this book to me. Well, he didn’t mention me specifically, but he did dedicate it to all the interns that he and his church have invested in at Capitol Hill Baptist Church. Mark writes, “To all the … Continue reading
Church membership, discipline, elders, baptism, preaching, and other stuff – D.A. Carson and Mark Dever answer questions (mp3)
[Advertisement: Support this site by visiting Westminster Books. Even just clicking and visiting helps! It’s an excellent site for good Christian books.] I generally try to read or listen to everything I can by D.A. Carson (except the really technical … Continue reading