- @calebbarrett yeah, a common sticking point for us Baptists in this ecclesiological issue. 20 hours ago
- @SBTSadmissions praying to enroll in the summer of 2014 if we get a plurality of Pastor-elders @CrossViewLA. Please pray with me! 22 hours ago
- @calebbarrett they don't consider them full members in PCA churches I think so they don't have to excommunicate them. 22 hours ago
- An argument for baptizing children who profess faith? wp.me/p1cwO-Ns 2 days ago
- @visionnehemiah Praying for you and the @LegacyFam today in our Sunday gathering! 3 days ago
pjtibayan on 30 Suggestions for Theological… pjtibayan on Alistair Begg interviewed by… walt johnson on Alistair Begg interviewed by… pjtibayan on What is Liberal Theology? CLARKFIELD ARRONO on What is Liberal Theology?
- The Pastor's Role: Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities of a Pastor/Shepherd/Elder/Overseer
- D. A. Carson Audio sermons and lectures - Free MP3's from around the Web
- What year was Jesus born and what year did he die and rise?
- Download ESV Bible mp3 files for free to memorize/meditate!
- 3 Reasons to Consider our Trials Great Joy - a James 1:2-4 CrossView Sermon
- Marks of a healthy church from Acts 2:42-47
- Pastor/Elder Vows and ordination
- Does God want us to be prosperous? Joel Osteen vs. Rick Warren
- Blessings and Benedictions in the New Testament Letters
- Alistair Begg interviewed by unbelievers...
Category Archives: church polity
It’s not everyday you have one of the leaders of evangelicalism and The Gospel Coalition, an interdenominational movement, speak directly on ecclesiological issues that pin him to his denomination and ecclesiological convictions to the exclusion and disagreement of others. Don … Continue reading
Elders, Part 1 – 4:2 – Feb 2007 Elders, Part 2 – 4:3 – March-Apr 2007 Lay Elders: A User’s Guide – 9:6 – Nov-Dec 2012
I’m a Baptist. He is not. So we will disagree I presume. But I post these here for later preparation for my sermon on Baptism coming up. Baptism: Its Meaning and Purpose “Cross-Examination: Infant Baptism”
The Hollywood Church is ordaining two more pastor-elders (our term for the office) tomorrow in their gathering and for this we praise the Lord Jesus! He is our Chief Pastor and Elder brother. In light of this grace, I wanted to post … Continue reading
Mike McKinley posts at the 9marks blog (I downloaded and plan to listen to the audio): Dr. Hunter Powell is an expert on many things, chief among them being soft cheeses and the discussions about polity that took place between Congregationalists and Presbyterians and … Continue reading
I’m loving this book! More posts to come.
Carl Trueman has a great blog post on why the gospel message is not sufficient for the continuation of the gospel to future generations. He’s right. (HT: JT) I learned this a lot at Capitol Hill Baptist Church. God gives … Continue reading
Display of God’s Glory, Mark Dever (free pdf here) (This is from a paper I did for the CHBC Internship in DC in 2008 – I have moved to agree with Mark Dever more than I articulate in this post) … Continue reading
Ok, I’m a Congregationalist, so this is like candy to me. Still, whatever church polity you hold to, Jonathan Leeman does indeed make a good point about one of the benefits of congregationalism. What do you teach the people sitting … Continue reading